Is this idea a Compelling Question (CQ) or Critical Challenge (CC)?
Compelling Question (CQ)
Details on the impact of addressing this CQ or CC
- Broaden reach to underserved populations
- Increase ability to generate evidence based solutions to address health inequities
- Bring expertise and resources to core partner (NIH)
- Enhance ability to identify unanticipated problems and strengthen efforts across all phases of the implementation research agenda
Feasibility and challenges of addressing this CQ or CC
- Increased emphasis on health and health inequities by non-profit and particularly, for-profit organizations
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes both general and explicit provisions that could narrow the health disparities gaps through implementation research.
- Can leverage and build upon current research partnerships that exist between government agencies and health care delivery systems to address questions of major public health importance
- Opportune time to employ implementation research addressing health inequities through non-traditional research partnership with sectors such as education, state and local government, transportation (built environment), penal and re-entry systems (health risks and disparities), ministries of health, and for-profits, foundations, and non-profits with health care focus.
- Risk of disagreements and friction among partners and management with different priorities
- Synchronization of timing for decision making
- Achieving partners’ concurrence on decisions that provide the most cost effective solutions
- Time needed to establish trust among partners that do not routinely partner to address health inequities
- There are limited resources dedicated to fostering Public Private Partnerships
Name of idea submitter and other team members who worked on this idea