What are the biological properties and key surface markers of human lung progenitor cells and lung epithelial differentiated iPSCs? How can these cell populations be targeted for therapeutic purposes, including regenerative therapy?
• How does inflammation and cell injury induce the immune system during transplant rejection?
• How do we control immune responses to enable cell and tissue regenerative strategies?
• How do we use iPS cell based and gene editing based therapies... more »
• What are the range of normal human cellular functions that create resilience at all levels—cells, organs, organ systems?
• What inter-organ, tissue, and cellular communications maintain individual health and the health of populations?
• How do we understand why individuals with... more »
Explanations for this discrepancy such as the fact that our blood has a high rate of physiologic, endogenous turnover and regeneration whereas these processes occur at far lower rates in the heart and lung. Furthermore, hematopoietic stem cells... more »
How does the immune... more »
There is a need to develop an artificial and functional hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) niche that allows for the expansion of repopulating HSCs.
There is a need to develop “designer platelets” and “designer red cells,” as well as facilitate large-scale production of these products for therapeutic and diagnostic use.